Nickelodeon Celebrates "Worlwide Day Of Play" in The Philippines
About the Event
Mark your calendars on October 14, Saturday, and get ready for Nickelodeon’s ‘Worldwide Day of Play’ in the Philippines. An initiative to encourage kids to head outdoors with their families, this will be a free-entry event held at the Filinvest Tent, Alabang, from 10am – 6pm. Attendees can look forward to games, fitness activities, and guest appearances by professional athletes and celebrities. Nickelodeon’s well-loved characters such as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star will also make an appearance.
As the leading entertainment brand for kids, Nickelodeon will go off air for three hours from 1pm to 4pm, as a signal to kids and their families to get up and get active.
Leading up to this event, Nickelodeon invited schools to amplify their health-based programs by participating in the ‘Road to Worldwide Day of Play’ from August to September 2017. Nickelodeon traveled to 20 schools in Metro Manila, Philippines and supported schools that were encouraging active play by hosting a day of play for students. The school compound was converted into one big playground where kids explored their abilities in pocket play spaces. Other activities included learning parkour skills, taking part in fitness endurance challenges and in art projects with movement, among others.
“We believe in the importance of kids leading healthier lifestyles, and encourage them to balance screen time with active time. Worldwide Day of Play is our way of empowering kids and their families to start pursuing this lifestyle, and what better way to kickstart this than to simply get up, get out and play!” said Dinna Zaratan, Country Manager of Viacom International Media Networks, Philippines.
Worldwide Day of Play
A full day dedicated to play, there will be five play zones and three play areas that combine active play with educational elements, with participation from Nickelodeon’s partners. From uncovering stealthy ninja skills, to stepping up to word challenges, kids aged four to 12 years of age will enjoy a full and fun workout by participating in the following:
- Fit Kid: Release your inner fit kid with intense challenges that test your agility
- Up and Up: Stack up and step up your vocabulary game with giant blocks
- Play Ball: Roll with professional basketball and volleyball champ players and learn tips and tricks from them
- Heart for Arts: Create giant artworks by throwing darts at colored paint balls on canvas, or let your hidden performer loose by dancing and dubbing with your favorite air instrument
- Sci-High: Level up on balancing your speed and skill while learning about electrical conductivity with a huge, maze-like buzzer wire challenge
- Kiddie Boot Camp: Compete with friends in an obstacle course that will test your strength and endurance with archery wars and a catapult
- Parents vs. Kids: Are You Tougher than a Nickster?: Does Dad have what it takes to beat you at parkour skills, archery and body weight exercises in a relay? Join us to find out!
- Giant Inflatable: Hike your way up the huge Adrenaline Rush ladder then slide into the humongous inflatable tube maze to see who gets out first!
For ideas on how to stay active throughout the year, tune in to Nickelodeon for starter ideas or share your own ways of making active play happen on Facebook by using the official hashtag #DayofPlayPH.
In Support of the Children of Marawi
The Worldwide Day of Play not only encourages active play to children but also teaches the value of compassion. Nickelodeon is working with Sinagtala, a non-profit organization that helps Internally Displaced Children (IDPs) and Women in Crisis due to conflict or big natural disasters in the Philippines.
The Worldwide Day Of Play initiative's benefiacy are the children of Marawi heroes. On October 14 , Nickelodeon will host them so they can experience the event activities. To cap their Nickster play date, the children of Marawi heroes get first dibs at meeting and taking groufies with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants and Patrick Star.
In addition, Sinagtala will deliver pre-loved toys gathered during the ‘Road to Worldwide Day of Play’ school tour. These will be donated to the Toy Library at the Marawi Capitol Grounds. Sinagtala’s mission is to build three more Toy Libraries in surrounding barangays to help in psycho-social therapy sessions.
Our Partners in PLAY
Joining hands with Nickelodeon on the Worldwide Day of Play is ‘Presenting Sponsor’ Universal Robina Corporation, through Jack ‘n Jill Knots and Jack ‘n Jill Chooey Choco. The staging of the event is also through the support of ‘PLAY Partners’ such as Kidz Republic, Makerspace Manila, Musicville, Ninja Academy and Trumpets Playshop; Mommy Mundo as the ‘Official Mom Community Partner’, Inquirer.Net and InqPOP as Official Online Media Partners and Cignal as the ‘Official Pay TV Provider’.
In 2017 to date, Nickelodeon has held Worldwide Day of Play events in Africa, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Germany, Mexico, the Netherlands, Poland, Puerto Rico, Russia and the United States.
For more details about the Worldwide Day of Play in the Philippines, visit http://www.nick-asia.com/win/dayofplayph/w9qani.
Ratings & Reviews
New Movies This Week
- Mission: Impossible - Fallout Wed, Jul 25 Watch Trailer
- Our House Wed, Jul 25 Watch Trailer
- Behind the Walls Wed, Jul 25 Watch Trailer